The Dry Creek Difference
Dry Creek is consistently recognized as a school of academic excellence that is set in a stable and safe learning community. We have high expectations for all children and believe that with support and care they can reach the goals we set for their growth. Our full-time gifted and talented teacher provides enrichment for all students, as well as targeted academic instruction for students on ALPs and 'on watch' for identification. We have added a STEM program to our outstanding Specials programs to increase student exposure to critical thinking through engineering, computer programming, and project–based learning. Dry Creek maintains its unique open classroom setting, which promotes instructional alignment of both content and expectations. Dry Creek Elementary is unlike any other school in its ability to create an open, engaging, and challenging learning environment for its students.
The Cherry Creek School District mission is "to inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care" and it is our aim to support this mission each and every day by consistently encouraging our students through our Positive Behavior Support system.
In 2014, Dry Creek Elementary once again earned the John Irwin Award for Excellence and the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award for Growth.
What makes Dry Creek stand out from other schools?
Strategic grouping: Students are grouped in grades kindergarten through five to ensure that every child's need is met daily.
Gifted and Talented: Our gifted and talented program makes services like accelerated academic instruction, pullout classes, and individual learning plans available to all students.
Master Teachers: Dry Creek Teachers have an average of 17 years of teaching experience, and 80% of our teachers hold a Masters Degree
Collaborative Learning Environment: Our academic program is supported by our team-centered classroom environment where students benefit from open observation of learning and instruction throughout the day allowing for ease of regrouping for ability-based approaches
PEAK mentorship: First through fifth grade students are assigned to one staff member as a mentor and keep the same mentor as the progress through Dry Creek. PEAK promotes the sense of community and positive social relationships that support high performance in school and life.
Outstanding Library: Utilizing many community and parent volunteers, Dry Creek’s media center is a focal point of the school and is fully integrated into Dry Creek’s academic program.
We empower students to aspire toward academic excellence through scholarship and mentorship.
- Scholarship - Inspiring intellectual curiosity to promote lifelong learners.
- Mentorship - Building a spirit of community where students can achieve their potential.
- Aspiration- Emphasizing scholarship and mentorship for college preparation
To provide a safe caring community for each student that is intellectually motivating and emotionally satisfying. Each student will develop the attitude that learning is a joyful and integrated experience continuing throughout his or her life.
- To establish the expectation that students will be prepared for and pursue higher academic placement.
- To hold student achievement in high regard.
- To differentiate instruction to meet the needs of our students, enabling them to perform to the best of their ability.
- To work towards our goals as outlined in our School Improvement Plan with a continuing focus on reading, writing, math and school safety.
- To create a kind, caring environment. We are committed to insuring the physical and psychological safety of our children.